You can’t celebrate Greek Easter without breaking a few eggs … and plates! Which is why I’ll be heading over to Olympia Provisions on Sunday, April 8th for a traditional Greek celebration c/o co-owners Elias and Michelle Cairo. I’m most looking forward to the taramasalata (a scrumptious roe dip), skordalia (garlic and potato spread), roasted lamb and, of course, the ouzo! And if you can still walk after the 4-courses … there will be bouzouki music for dancing along with the Cairos’ favorite games. See you there!
Date and time: Sunday, April 8th, 6:00pm
Location: Olympia Provisions NW, 1632 NW Thurman St., Portland, OR 97209
Tickets: $60 dinner, $90 dinner + wine, includes four course family style dinner
- Mezes: Greek Salamis, Feta, Olives, Spanikopita, Tiropita
- Dips: Taramasalata, Hummus, Tzatziki, with House Made Pita
- Grilled Sardines and Squid
- Lemons, Parsley, Olive Oil
- Kleftiko: Whole Roast Lamb, Garlic, Lemon
- Lemon Potatoes
- Greek Salad
- Mandy’s Baklava
Photo by Eric Wolfinger from the Olympia Provisions Cookbook.