For those looking to fill their holidays with more plant-based fare, it’s easier than ever!
Vegan Protein: A recent Facebook poll among Portland vegans gave top honors to the Gardein Roast which I am curious to sample. My favorite – Hood River’s own Tofurky Roast – was second. Last place, deservedly so, was the Trader Joe’s breaded roast. (Stay away! 🤢)
Not a vegan but hosting some? Easy.
- First, do Miyoko’s Double Cream Chive for an appetizer (Available at Fred Meyer).
- Sub Earth Balance for butter and plain soymilk for milk in mashed potatoes.
- My favorite vegan gravies are those made with nutritional yeast and they are usually quick and simple to whip up.
- Roasted veggies like squash + Brussels sprouts are sure to please. Check to make sure there’s no milk in the rolls.
- Opt for leaving cheese on the side of salads, etc.
- Single servings of protein like country-fried tofu can be found at the Whole Foods hot bar.
- And if you really want to blow your vegan guest’s mind, make after-dinner Irish coffees with Bailey’s Almande and Trader Joe’s Coconut Whipped Cream!
Happy Thanksgiving. Hope everyone has a fabulous holiday!